- 3 Qts Cooked Pinto or Black Beans*
- 1 ½ Tbs Garlic Powder
- Cold Water
- ½ C Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Sea Salt
- In a pot, heat beans with just enough cold water until they boil.
- Add oil and spices and mash, mash, mash until creamy.
- Taste beans to make sure spice content is correct.
Serve with Shagbark Seed & Mill Tortilla Chips and salsa.
* Recipe calls for precooked Shagbark Beans.
Procedure from dry, bring 1.5 qts of beans to a boil in water to cover + 2
inches above, simmer until tender, 1hr 15 min – 2hrs. Or pressure cook for
20 minutes. Do not add salt until beans are tender.