Yield: 8 servings
- ½ # dry Shagbark Seed and Mill black beans
- 1 12 oz. bag Shagbark Tortilla chips
- 1 tbl. Kosher salt
- 2 ea. Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp. Smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp. Guajillo chili powder
- ¾ tsp. Ancho chili powder
- Pinch Coriander, ground
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tbl. Lime juice
- 1 oz. Lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Tahini
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 1/3 c. Olive oil
- 3 tbl. Cooking liquid, reserved from the beans
- Sort through your black beans making sure to remove any small stones or dirt clumps and rinse the beans well.
- Place the beans in a bowl or other container that will hold a gallon of liquid and cover the beans with cold water you will need 4 times the amount of water to the beans.
- Cover this and refrigerate overnight to allow the beans to soften.
- Strain your beans and place in a stock pot, cover with fresh cold water and 1 tbl. salt.
- Bring the beans to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook the beans until they are very soft, this will take ½ an hour maybe more.
- Once the beans are soft strain making sure to reserve 3 tbl. of the cooking liquid.
- While the beans are still warm combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Using a stick blender or food processor blend the beans until smooth and chill.
- Serve hummus with Shagbark tortilla chips, carrot stick and any other vegetables.