- 3 Qts Cooked Black Beans*
- 1 ½ Tbs Garlic Powder
- Cold Water
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Sea Salt
- ¼ C Onions, chopped
- ½ Tbs Oregano
- ¼ C Bell Peppers, chopped
- ½ Tbs Cayenne
- In a pot, sauté olive oil, onions and peppers over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add spices and mix to create a roux.
- Add beans with enough water to just cover and turn heat up.
- When beans and water are boiling, turn off heat, and serve.
* Recipe calls for precooked Shagbark Beans.
Procedure from dry, bring 1.5 qts of beans to a boil in water to cover + 2
inches above, simmer until tender, 1hr 15 min – 2hrs. Or pressure cook for
20 minutes. Do not add salt until beans are tender.